In this section
Severe weather can come in many forms – rain, wind, snow, fog, severe cold or heatwave.
You can sign up for weather warnings through the Met Office.
In the event of severe weather:
- If possible store some basic supplies
- Keep pets indoors (bring outdoor pets in)
- Close doors and windows and close curtains to protect against broken windows
- Secure outdoor belongings such as bikes, garden furniture etc., or if possible bring them indoors
- If the gas, water or electric stop working let the relevant service know – know who your suppliers are and have their contact numbers and your account numbers in a handy place
- Warn vulnerable people in your community. Help them prepare.